What may and may not be compared with infant male genital
Things you may - and someone does - compare with
male genital cutting
- Leah on Babycenter.com, November 15,
- Hair- and
- IfThen in the Guardian December 6,
- tooth-straightening and
- Rabbi Shmuly Yanklowitz in the Jewish Week, February 6,
- tonsillectomies and
- SubZeroIQ on FITSnews.com, June 20, 2012
- Feeding your kids spinach,
- making them come in at night, or
- get up for school
- DanMK on Zionica, July 2012
- Tipsy Teetotaler on Intallectualoid, September
- Removal of wisdom teeth and
- stopping your child from crossing the
- eating poison or
- putting their hand on a lit
- Anonymous writer in The Word (Indianaopolis) p
21, October, 2012
- Barbara Amiel in MacLeans.ca, October 2, 2012
- how u dress ur child
- Valerie Brink on Facebook, October 2, 2012
- Winston Blake on Macleans.ca, October 3, 2012
- Removal of pyrogenic granuloma (benign red
skin growth) from the forehead (Granulomas often
grow and shrink over time, stretching the skin in a
way that surgery can not correct.)
- Leah Cypess in the Atlantic, October 3,
- to let teeth grow in
the mouth of a child, and more cruel still
- to allow all of them to break [come
- Sadaf Sarfaraz on MSN Arabia, October 11, 2012
- to plan
a trip to a region that is disease rampant,
and take their child
- HapkidoNinja on The Jewish Post, October 15,
- Feeding him a high-fibre diet
- Mikey Bowler on the Greater New Orleans Times
Picayune, October 18, 2012
- The use of tobacco (for the standard of
proof of harm required)
- atpontchrtrn on the Greater New Orleans Times
Picayune, October 18, 2012
a coat in the winter,
- taking medicines if they become
- eating meat their parents cook, or
- for vegetarian parents - not eating
- Linus Scot on NPR, October 18, 2012
Umbilical cord cutting
- Tweeted by Hartwick College
pre-med (!) Omar Russo, October 25, 2012
examinations during labour
- cesarean delivery...
even at the cost of their child's life.
- Sue Ieraci on The Conversation, November
forc[ing] them to go to school,
- go to the dentist,
- brush their teeth and
- take a shower.
jonjlm on IMDb, November 19, 2012
- cleft palate repair
lamk on Huffington Post, December
- Ok yall talk about your childs rights like you
cant choose whats best for them? So do they choose
if they ... brush their
- go to school ...
Comment to Mary Lanser on Facebook, January 21, 2013
- poisoning your children with grape juice...
any type of fruit juice.
Marcapen on single dad laughing,
February 12, 2013
you buy you kid cheerios instead of frosted
Thomas Lafferty on Facebook, February 27, 2013
- The sequester [a national budget cut] is
something like a circumcision.
Wm on Yahoo News, March 8, 2013
like a fabric must be stitched and cut before
it become a shirt.
Message to Indonesian Intactivist
on Facebook, March 10, 2013
- ... a car
accident which is much more likely [than a
circumcision death], but I'm not going Amish anytime
Brian Callaghan on Facebook, March 25, 2013
Just like if I bought my son a car it's still
MY car until he's 18.
- Caity Bro String on Facebook, April 4, 2012
going to grandmas for Christmas...
Mike Baird on Metronews, Ottawa, April 10,
- "If you have a problem with what we did, sorry, we
named you too..."
William Struemke on YouTube, April 13, 2013
being forced to eat his string beans...
- being forced to go to early
morning swim team practice...
Aric Bernard in The Jewish Daily Forward,
May 7, 2013
- "So if a 13 year old goes to their parents &
says I want to have a baby, it's my body, my
right, should that parent allow it & let their
child make that decision because it is THEIR BODY
Laura Dionne Gensoli on Facebook, May 11, 2013
- "So is it not the mother's choice on how she
raises her child?
- Or how she feeds him?
- Feeds herself?"
Brie Crooks on Facebook, June 1, 2013
getting their health checks...
- Maxine Prime on Facebook, June 3, 2013
- ...do yall shave your arm pitts or is that
- So if my son wants to drink alcohol at the
age of 10 I should let him because its his choice?
Alexandria Marcelina Deleon on Facebook, June 6,2013
- I should just let her do whatever she wants
- and get in trouble
- and run in the street
- and play where dangerous traffic is,
because she is her own being and can make her own
Brettnie Nox quoted on Facebook, June 9, 2013
- Ok [s]o [i]f my baby needs hea[r]t
surgery I should wait for him to choose[?]
[W]e make choices for our children everyday based on
what we as parents feel is best f[or] them and yes
like it or not that's my right[. T]h[i]s is the USA
Connie Marie Ouellette-Martin on Facebook, June 10, 2013
- Children don't have rights in the traditional
sense adults do. They don't have the right to
- they don't have the right to vote,
- don't have the right to smoke a cigarette,
- don't have the right to consume alcohol,
- and they don't have the right to work.
UnknownArchive on Reddit, June 11, 2013
- For all of you complaining about foreskin removal
being bad for the body because it is altering the
natural human form, you had also better be just as
aggressives about liposuction,
- breast implants,
- botox, and
- subdermal implants of ANYKIND.
Christopher Seitler Facebookon
https://www.facebook.com/TheMommyArena/posts/367433730023572, June 12. 2013
- Why do women shave their legs? It's
not medically necessary, it's vanity.
Samantha Pry Soccio on Facebook, June 16, 2013
- So if a child needs a organ removed are
you going to wait until the child becomes an adult
to see if they want it removed? ...
Shan-Bosslady Hardesty on Facebook, July 26, 2013
- I wonder if they'd let their children roam
around New York City alone just because
they're not fitting into the chance that "something
may happen" I mean jesus with their thought process
you could let your kids roam free with no adult
supervision because of the belief that something bad
may happen isn't a good enough reason.
- Or hey they can let their kids hang around
pedophiles because just because the pedophile
abused one child doesnt mean that its going to
happen to their kid right!? Right?
Jackilyn Bell on Facebook, July 26, 2013
- You guys are probably against cloth diapering
too right? LOL
SamanthaDanielle EthansMommy Bender
on Facebook, August 16, 2013
It is no different from the rite of marriage!
PC user on Yahoo Shine, August 28, 2013
are these the same people that wont get there
dogs fixed because its inhumane?
Roberta Gray on Facebook, September 2, 2013
- My wife was born with her heart outside
her body. Guess they should have left that
like it was... ?
Chris Sanders on Facebook, October 23, 2013
- So itd be wrong for my mother to keep a child on
life support since theyre not old enough to write a
will stating otherwise?
- You women use tampons right? You were
taught to for hygienic reasons? Could just change
your underwear and not use them since its not as
Jordan R Howell on Facebook, October 29, 2013
- Hairspray is also harmful. Should that be
Evony Houston on Facebook, November 26, 2013
- A sharpened #pencil writes better
than ablunt one!
Jackie Daisy Kayizzi on Facebook, December 9, 2013
- If your child decided they no longer wanted to
wear clothing- would you let them run around
naked all day. Would you feel you were violating
their personal rights by forcing them to put clothes
Jill Berkman on Facebook, December 21, 2013
- cheese has
been shown to increase the chances of cardiac
problems. Perhaps the ASA should throw any parent
who feeds their child this killer food in jail for a
mivogo in the Washington Post, December
- If any of the anticircumcision people were really
that worried about the wellbeing of children, the
first they would do is illegalize private swiming
pools (very dangerous for children!)
BerelDovLerner in the
Washington Post, December 30, 2013
- And let's not grind wheat into flour since
that's the way it naturally grows... (just echoing
the famous discussion between Rabbi Akiva and the
Turnus Rufus quoted in Midrash Tanchuma (Tazria 5))
Herb on Life in Israel, December 31,
- What is wrong with being circumcised? Do you think
its also bad to require your kid to run?
- Or to read a book he doesn't want to? Your
breaking from ideals for no sound reason. It's a
sign of an unhappy person, perhaps one not ready to
bask a child in love.
Associated Press in Philly.com, January 14, 2014
- By the logic being demonstrated here, a child with
a benign tumor would be required to live
with it until such a time that the child could make
their own decision instead of letting the parents
- or co-joined twins who could lead
otherwise normal lives would have to stay co-joined
until both decided to split. The parents wouldn't be
allowed to make those decisions since making them
would be a clear violation of that child's human
Keith Marshak on the Copenhagen Post, January
- Let's say a kid is born with a sixth finger,
perfectly functional, no medical risk--would it
violate some ephemeral right to "bodily integrity"
to remove it at birth, or does he have to suffer
stares and teasing because of this "right?"
David Bernstein on the Copenhagen Post, January
- If I ever catch up to the doctor who picked me up
by my ankles and spanked me immediately
after I was born, there's no telling what I might do
to him. I'm still traumatized by the memory...
"Jack" in the Washington Times,
January 29, 2014
- Presumably you would leave a baby to wipe its
own backside, on the grounds that no adult
should be telling that child what do with it.
James Heartfield on Spiked, February 8, 2014
- Forcing a baby to eat is a violation we
should ask the baby if they wanna eat first
SVTcoolguy on Youtube, April 17, 2014
do you put shoes on your kids? Shoes
permanently deform feet by constraining them into
tight spaces. This affects them throughout their
entire life. There are multiple studies, google it.
Maybe you shouldn't let them wear shoes until they
are old enough to understand.
David Rose on Facebook, April 2014
taking them to a park or not taking them to
- doing homework with them or not doing
homework with them ...
Olterigo on the Jewish Daily Forward,
May 13, 2014
- ... So if a child wants to do
- eat at McDonalds everyday, the parents
shouldn't do anything either? ...
Tyler Palmer on College Humor, May 14, 2014
choosing not to introduce santa clause ...
ashely on The Stir, June 4, 2014
weather they want to leave the hospital
after birth. ...
Mike, an admin of Proud Parents Uncensored on
Facebook, July 7, 2014
- [After an article on Brit Shalom] Maybe the IRS
would be OK with my symbolically paying my taxes?
Michael Kolb on Kveller.com, July 10, 2014
- ... So if your child
wants to hurt someone you would not impose
your beliefs on him right? ...
Lymor Saada on Kveller.com, July 10, 2014
- Do I need your permission when I choose a
school for my children
- or if I want to force them to eat liver?
Scott Pritikin on The Tablet, July 10, 2014
- Can I sue my parents for making me eat that stinky
baby food out of those jars?? I didn't give
my consent so.... I should be able to sue right?
- They made me share a room with my sister
for the first 12 years of my life... can I sue for
that? It wasn't much fun sharing my things with her!
It was against my consent!!
- Once they took me to a hospital to get stitches
when I split my forehead open.. I really didn't want
those stitches at the age of 7 I was terrified of
doctors but they MADE me go! Can I sue?!?! ~ Julz
Julz on Parents With Opinions on
Facebook, August 6, 2014
- Next we will be suing our parents because our
parents gave us amoxicillin when turns out
we are allergic to penicillin and had a bad
Clara A. Skinner on Parents With Opinions on
Facebook, August 6, 2014
some choose to have their children in a church
as its their religion. ...
They Call Me Mom on SAHM's
Uncensored on Facebook, August 7, 2014
- "Do you smoke? If not, why not? There is
always the possibility that nothing will happen to
David Frigault on YouTube, June 2014
- "Well then by that logic, why do we have to pick
kids up from school?"
David Frigault on YouTube, September 3, 2014
removing birthmarks? ...
- Also, what about the parents that force their kids
to go to all kinds of different therapies
that they don't like going to. It's ridiculous, yes?
Julie Moon in the Lansing City Pulse,
September , 2014
- Have you ever seen a baby being born?
That could be considered abuse as well.
The Brutally Honest Mom on Facebook, September 25, 2014
Lets stop ... lapbanding
[gastric constriction surgery] and
- pacemakers ...
Luke Spook Hogarth on Facebook, October 17. 2014
- I'm glad I didn't keep my helmet, look it's
dangerous going into battle with no head gear.
But I just call my cock a Special Ops Cock, at all
times his [sic] out In the open leaving [sic]
- Having a foreskin is similar to the Burqua
[sic] situation. ...
Timothy Quirk on Facebook, November 5, 2014
If your teenager what's to go have sex with every
guy or girl are you gonna let them?? Hell no! ...
- Or if they want to go do drugs and get
wasted and party all the time are you gonna
let them??? I mean it's their body, their choice
- ... to
let you kid decide if they want to be fat and
unhealthy or not because it's their choice.
Rita Schultz Berger on Facebook, November 17, 2014
It's not like they are lobotomizing
Derek Connelly on Facebook, November 24, 2014
- So if a kid was born with an extra arm
from his BAck and would cause sever discomfort he
should keep it cost he was born with it
Matt Spicer on Facebook, November 28, 2014
- @morbathrmsnw - Are you going to decide that my
child can't ...
play video games?
riwr51 in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune,
December 5, 2014
- @ml66uk - It would also be a human rights
violation to forcibly ...
have their teeth cleaned.
riwr51 in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune,
December 5, 2014
- @thurstin - Should they wait until you are 18 to
whether or not you should watch R movies or
- eat candy, ...
riwr51 in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune,
December 5, 2014
- Choosing your child's summer camp is way,
way more of a risk, yet no one is discussing that.
caldepen in Ars Techinica, February 25,
This is kinda stupid, trying to take away someone's
choice to circumsize? I agree it's unnatural and
unnecessary but to attempt to ban it? That's about
as ignorant as trying to keep gay marriage illegal.
If you don't agree with gay marriage don't
marry someone of the same sex. If you don't agree
with circumsision don't circumsize your child.
Brianna Indigo in Cosmopolitan, March 26, 2015
- Ok so here is a question for you. Your husband has
a penis. It's his penis right? So with that said
sense it's his and his only can he take that penis
and go have sex with whoever he wants? No
matter that he is married to you and supposed to
only slept with you. I mean it's his penis and he
can do what he wants right?
Reannon Varney on Facebook, May 27, 2015
- ...if a child is tongue tied (do your
research ) should the parent ask the sometimes very
young child whether or not they want the surgery?
And then oh well if the child says no.
Rosalie Goodwin on Facebook
, June 24, 2015
a parent chooses to take their child yup a catho5
church, Baptist, hebrew, etc.it is that
- If a parent gets their child vaccinated to prevent
illness, it is their choice. If a parent teaches
their child to swim, homeschools, breast milk
- hospital birth vs home birth, private
school, surgically fixes a birth defect, opts for
surgery for any reason-it is the parents CHOICE
because as parents it's our CHOICE for what as
individual patents we think is best.
- I hope you don't suggest tossing babies out
into the streets so they can make all their
own life decisions. Should we birth our babies on
beaches and let them crawl away into the ocean, like
a freakin sea turtles?
- At birth you cannot consent to anything. You
cannot consent to being born. You cannot consent to
having a tumourous lung removed
- You cannot consent to being assigned a gender.
- You don't get to choose your name. ...
I suppose we should let the child decide if he or
she wants to ... have its bottom wiped lest we risk traumatizing the poor
Tyler Lee Myles on Facebook
, July 21, 2015
What dr to go to,
- what food they can and cannot have
- when they can and cannot have it,
- when they can start dating,
- whether or not to get a filling at the
- whether or not to go see a dentist,...
is amazing how circumcision does this damage while a
baby falling down the stairs or otherwise
suffering pain has no such effect.
- Some babies are born with tails... Save
the tails as well we would look awesome with tails!
Jay Pilipovich on Facebook, August
- Well than I guess when my son hits or spits
than I shall let him because that's his right,
right?! No! I'm his parent it was our decision and
that's that! I don't need anyone's permission and
don't care to argue because you have an "opinion".
- Why pluck Ur eyebrows. Wax Ur bikini line,
Veins treated , dye ur hair, etc etc all
unnecessary but still people go ahead with all of
this....why encourage Ur child to play sport - they
could get hurt!!! Blah blah blah
Wendy Warner on Kidspot
on Facebook, March
- Not cutting girls' clitorises off!
I got a message from someone posing as a Urologist
trying to preach to me about the fact that they
don't do it In other countries. My response "they
also cut off the clitoris of little girls in other
- Cutting off the foreskin is a hygiene choice. Just
as wiping their butts, and bathing them.
- I'm protesting
tomorrow....I think it's illegal for
rain to be wet....
- Also i will be
protesting the traffic signals for
not having a 4th color...
- Chris Walden commenting
on a Bloodstained Men protest
on WJHG-TV's Facebook page
I want to
protest the dummies on motor
Chattanooga its freaking bicycle
lanes going in everywhere!
Gardenhire in the same thread
- I bet these ladies shave... But why? You
people are born with it. LoL.
- I bet these ladies have also done some sort of
thing to stop their normal cycle... LoL,
worlds biggest hypocrite's! Hang on a while
- I'm just gonna smoke some marijuana
- & maybe even drink & drive...
Maria Anastasia Katrina Fa'uhiva
on her own Facebook page,
August 11, 2017
- Havent you ever made a model car before?
Sometimes you still gotta trim off a bit of excess
Pimp Dragon on Twitter, August 3,
- Well shit...first gender dysphoria,
- then socialism because the new generation
doesnít know shit about hard work, and now
- Whatís next, dont shit in toilets because
toilets have feeling and donít like being shat in???
GROW THE FUCK UP SOCIETY!
- King Solo
on Twitter, September 5, 2019
- You can't even change a
child's nappy [diaper] without having to
ask them first!
- Joan Keatine on Twitter,
February 2, 2020
- like cutting a diamond
- because cutting a baby's
genitals is just like cutting a rock
could just as easily flip this and say that
somebody has no first-hand experience of being
circumcised. In any case, it's irrelevant. I
wouldn't ignore stomach pain advice from a doctor
without an appendix because they "don't
have experience" with it.
- Stitch @ac73535 on
Twitter, October 13, 2021
parents are forbidden to circumcise their
children, then parents should not be allowed to
bring their children to an orthodontist
and should not be allowed to take their children skiing.
Pinchas Goldschmidt on Twitter, November 8,
"Cleaning [his penis] could hardly be easier.")
So is cleaning his bedroom. (So
you "cut off your son's bedroom" - make him
sleep outside - because you fear that some time
in the future he won't clean it properly?)
@dwarilow2002 on Twitter, November 8, 2021
Things you must never, NEVER compare with male
- Female genital cutting
An analogy would be no use if the things it compared
were alike in every way. It is of use when it compares
similar attributes of things. These things are either
not permanent, or not done without consent, or not
done to (born) infants, or choices between
near-equivalents, or vital to life - unlike male
It is as a human rights violation that female genital
cutting is comparable to male genital cutting. It is
not severity that makes genital cutting a human rights
violation, but that it is unnecessary, invasive,
permanent, reductive and done without consent.